Saturday, August 26, 2006

We have pictures!!!




This is the view from our hotel room, on the 26th floor of the Sheraton on Race and 17th Street, in Philadelphia. That building off to the right or the circle (which is called Logans Square... ) is the Philadelphia Museum of Art. That is the building that Rocky ran up the stair to in the first Rocky movie. So when you go there most of the people are just running or walking up the stairs and when they get to the top, stand there, with their arms up in the air (like Rocky did) and then someone takes their picture... It really is a great place to people watch.

Straight ahead in front of Logans Square is the Franklin Institute. off to the right of Logans Square is the Free Library.

The top picture is the same shot at night (bet you couldn't figure that out could you...). Pretty nice shot huh? This is a great camera....

This was a great room. Big room, and on the corner of the building, so it was bigger than the others. The only problem is that there was some sort of HVAC piece of equiptment on the roof, and it made the walls tremble alittle, and there was also a sway that I felt mainly because my sense of balance is off since I had the mild stroke last year. I shouldn't say my sense of balance is off, it is just very sensitive.

One night we come home later than normal, and walked into the room, and there was a crib in the room. I was startled to say the least. My first reaction was to close the door. I am not sure why, my key opened it, but that was my first reaction. What I didn't see was that there was a twin size roll away bed brought in the room also.

We called the front desk and they came and took it out, and brought it to the correct room, which was right next store. How I know is that the baby that ended up in that crib cryed allllllll night long. I mean wailed. You know the kind of crying a baby does when it crys do hard it can't catch it's breath. Well it was like that. I was about to call the front desk and tell them that I thought the baby was left alone in there, because how anybody could have let a baby cry like that, in the same room and not attend to it, had to be either dead, unconciuous or an animal. The little on finally stopped, or passed out was more the case, which is what I did also.

Well, better go.. I am in the middle of ironing and Tony and Carol are coming over so I can help them cut some fabric for drapes for Tony's house.

Honestly, I don't know anything about cutting fabric for drapes. I think she just wants to bring Tony over here. I mean she brought him over when the house was under construction and took him on a tour....

Today I cut back the Grapefruit trees and the Gardenia bush, and also planted some Cone Flower/Daiseys. They are perenials, and I planted the seeds during a rain shower. I think it should be alright, even if it is August, but it is almost September, and this is Florida. I'll let you know.

No comments: