Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Haven't gotten my pictures from Philly off the laptop yet. I promise I will have them soon.

In the mean time it has been brutally hot here in Florida. The weather is just starting to break now, with cooler temperatures at night.

Luckily Wayne (My Pets Friend) was able to water for me while we were gone. This week they have been predicting rain all week. 60% chance, and that is usually a sure thing, but it is a 60% chance if you happen to be in the "spot" that it is supposed to rain, and if anyone knows Florida rain, that could mean across the street, but not where you are standing.

Well today, they raised it to 70%, with more wide spread coverage. Keep your fingers crossed. I love the rain. It just cleans everything. Hard to explain.

I am glad to be home... not glad to be at work.. but glad to be home. Work is a real chore for me lately. Not sure what it is. Just a chore, bordering on burden, but don't think I will get there because that paycheck usually brings me back to reality real quick.

I just think about the things I would rather be doing, like, working on my bench that I am refinishing, the slip covers I keep thinking about, I have all the supplies to get them done, but not the energy when I get home, the dusting, the bathrooms, the vacuuming, the bird cage or the fish tank. All things that are tremendously more productive than what I do here. Except for the paycheck, which is the end result of all those seeminly unproductive hours I spend at work.

Here I am 48 years old, and I look forward to retirement. How sad is that!!!???!!!

Well better go, have to get back to the unproductive stuff that pays the bills. Break is 1 minute away from being up....

No comments: