Tuesday, August 01, 2006


This is Hans... He was the first addition to my family when I moved to Florida. He was born in April of 1986, so that makes him over 20 years old.

He is very smart, verrrry handsome, and all business. Most birds like toys and gadget in their cage, but not Hans.

He loves potatoes, especially mashed. He loves Cream of Wheat cereal, and he like good rye bread.

He has been all over, because I used to take him with me where ever I went. He has flown to NY numerous times. He and I grounded a Piedmont Airways plane out of Baltimore once... and we won... with the support of the rest of the passengers.

He loves dish towels, and he will whistle with you if you are patient with him.

When my Dad had his last stroke 2 years ago, we had to rush to NC, and we didn't go through the normal preparations before leaving, so he obviously knew something was wrong. After 3 days, he decided to go on a hunger strike. Luckily our Pet Sitter, Wayne Tracey (My Pet's Best Friend) , the best pet sitter in Central Florida, recognized something was wrong, and rushed him to the hospital. They tube fed him twice, to get him eatting, and the spent the rest of the 2 weeks at the front desk greeting patients.

He comes in the bedroom with us everynight. Has done that since the day I brought him home over 20 years ago. If you leave him in the bedroom in the morning when you get up, and start your day, he will yell until you come back to get him.

He and Putzen are very good friends, and he is a very important part of our family.

No comments: