Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday in Philadelphia



Well, Monday we got up and got ready early, 6:00, and went out for breakfast. We found a cafe on Saturday, that was very good. The Midtown III Restaurant. It was open 24 hours, and it was reminiscent of a diner in NY. I thought the waitresses were great, although George had a bit of a problem with the little dark haired one. She was gruff lets say, be she was soft around the edges when you gave her the chance. I think George was half playing when he complained about her. Anyway, their Mediterranean omelet was great, with tomatoes, feta cheese and I think spinach. It was pretty rich, but a great omelet. And I am not an omelet fan.

George walked me to the train station, and I got on a train to Ambler to see my friend Audrey and her significant other (soon to be fiance'), Al. It was about a 30 minute train ride and Al and Audrey were there waiting for me when I got there. That is Audrey and Al in the picture. I met Audrey about 28 years ago. We worked together, and in fact when I moved to Florida, I moved here and lived with Audrey. She also helped me get my job at the phone company.

Audrey lived in Plainview, and I met her at the shoe store I worked in at the time. Import Shoe Fair. It was on 15 W. Marie St. In Hicksville. Audrey was married to Artie. She has two boys with Artie. He passed away last year in November.

She was in touch with friends from school, on the internet, and that is how she ran into Al. One thing lead to another, and they met, and now they are getting married.

First we went to the Post Office, so that Audrey and Al could get their passports. Then we went for a little ride to view the sights of Ambler and vicinity, then we went out to lunch to a neat little place, with the best french fries. Al went to the dentist and Audrey introduced me to her neighbors. Then we just sat and chatted. It was neat. I miss doing that with her.

Anyway, Audrey lives in Levittown NY during the week, and Ambler Pennsylvania on the weekends. Pretty neat.

Kind of like I want to do. Only I want to spend June to September up north, with property, and October to May in Florida. One day......

When I got back to Philly, George met me at the train station, and we went to a Chinese restaurant, vegetarian restaurant had Dim Sun platter, all you could eat. I had the tea... I love the tea... Then we went back to the hotel and called it a night.

No comments: