Thursday, June 22, 2006

Happy Thursday everyone....

Had dinner with a girlfriend last night at Panera's... Kept to my diet, and I was wanting more when I finished, but... I was strong.. In fact, only had one piece of candy when I got home instead of two, because they gave you more than 8 oz. of soup, and the bread was bigger than a small baguet...

Really would like to exercise in some way tonight.. Maybe I will get on the treadmill.

Henry, my rabbit is absolutely amazing... He can't move, except to lift his head. He is propped up on a blanket, and can reach his water, and all he wants to do is eat. He still gets excited when we come out on the screen porch, and we always bring him something. He comes in everynight and we set him up in a dog bead, that has a nice cushion, we cover it with plastic and put a towel down, and cover him up partially. When he messes, the towel we have him covered in gets washed and a new towel is used the next night. Everymorning I bring him out, give him carrots, celery, scraps from our lunch (apple cores, pear cores, tomatoes) and we hand feed him grapes that I cut in half, and he is as happy as he can be... Aren't animals amazing... he finds and accepts he situation, doesn't feel sorry for himself, in fact, he can be pretty stubborn sometimes. I try to treat him good and pamper him as best I can. I really don't think he is in any pain, and he seems to get a tremendous amount of pleasure out of eating, so we do for him what makes him happy.

I am concerned when I leave next week, but that is just me. I don't think George will bring him in every night, but I know he will spoil him with attention and treats. I hope everything goes ok next week while I am gone. No visits to the emergency room, since I know Mathie will be a little out of sorts with me not there.

Other than that, just want to get the week over with. I feel terrible saying that, and bad because I keep harping on this, but the whole situation just stinks.

Got an e-mail from a couple down in West Palm last night. She said she hopes that our family situation has settled down some, and all I think is, it never will. Well I hope I live long enough to see it settle down. And I mean that sincerely.

Well, more in a day or two....

No comments: