Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I heard a piece on NPR this morning by Robert Reich.... It was very good, so I turned it up..loud. See, I was at work, and it was before 8:00, so, it was before regular work hours, and nobody could say anything... but there were people here, so I know that people heard it.

He was talking about repealing the estate tax. He gave some very interesting facts. I am no good are repeating this information, my mind is like a sieve and what goes in... although I comprehend it, it then goes right out... (I hate that!) I will see if I can find the clip and post it here...

On another note, I got a call from my girlfriend in Pennsylvania, NY, Orlando. Well, this is a long story. We met in NY, almost 30 years ago. She moved to Florida, then recently moved back to NY and sometimes in Pennsylvania. Any way, in August George and I are going to Philadelphia for a convention. So, she will be in Ambler, Pa., and I will go visit her. I don't want to spend all my time there, I mean in Ambler, but it will be nice to get to see her again. She is a nut, but aren't we all to some degree. She is happy, and if she is happy now, that is good.

I have learned that we have to appreciate the little things that can make us happy. There is so much crap out there, between people, and life events, that when you get a perk, you have to savor it. Especially as you get older. I worry about things now that I am getting older. Like what will happen to George and I when we get older. I mean health wise, and how will be able to take care of one another? I used to think that family was the answer to that... but my recent experiences have proven my theory on that flawed. So, now I have to concentrate on trying to cover the bases.

Oh, on the dieting note. It must be going well, because I am hungry alllllll the time. I can't say I am straving, famished, hungry, but hungry. Maybe it is boredom, and I need to occupy my time with something else other than that piece of candy. I have to admit, I am eatting... not much, but I have been eatting.... My oatmeal days are killers. That is alot of calories, (that I don't enjoy) and then the rest of the day I have to be pretty careful. George wants to make Friday night the fun night. I guess that is ok, except, we have weigh in on Saturday morning.... For example, he wants to have Mexican this Friday night... I am all for it, except this is a small privately owned Mexican Restaurant, so the chances of getting even a hint of the caloric intake will be impossible. But then again, it is impossible in Bennigans also.... Well, I will have to think about this, and try to figure out what it would be. I don't want to say no to our once a week treat, but I also don't want to suffer all week, and then blow it all, for one splurge a week.

No comments: