Sunday, June 11, 2006

I lost 3 pounds. So, 17 more to go.

Yesterday was an unbearably hot day. Without AC in George's car, made the chore of running errands a bear, and actually made us both feel sick by the end of the day.

So this morning will be spent doing house work. Hopefully by 3:00 or 4:00, I will be able to get in the court yard and work in the garden.

Sent Father's Day cards to my Dad and Uncle Richard today. Hope the staff at the nursing home sees the card I sent my Dad. He may not realize he got it, but if they do, maybe they will realize that he is someone's Dad, and he is special.

Other than that, nothing else is new. Electric bill cam in and it was pretty steep. I have turned the thermostat down 1 or 2 degrees, to see if it will help a little. It is kinda cool in here a lot of the time, so maybe we won't feel it comfort wise too much.

Two weeks before I leave for NC, and have to say, I am not looking forward to it. Not sure what I am going to run into, but it probably will not be good, what ever it is. I just don't know how I am going to handle that situation. I am not sure there is a way to handle it.

Been watching the Osprey's on the cell phone tower. I think they have babie up there. I really want to get a pair of binoculars so that I can watch them more closely. I was afraid that there was only one up there, but I have seen another one coming and going with food, so I guess there must be babies, and one has to stay by and watch them.

Ok, so that is what I want for my birthday. A pair of good binoculars and a set of paniers for my bicycle. On the record....

No comments: