Friday, June 16, 2006

Hallelujah, it is Friday....

Tomorrow is weigh in, and hopefully I did as well as last week.

Also, I have decided that I am going start my weekend by doing what I want to do, and that is to get out in the court yard and work on my plants. Lots of things have to be re-potted. I will need to buy a few pots, not many, and really should first decide how many I need.

I think we will go to Lowe's tomorrow morning, get the things off our list, and also get some pots. All this after weigh in, and breakfast.

Labor day weekend is booked for Fort Wilderness, but we will go to another weekend.

Pledged $90 to WMFE this morning. The thank you gift I chose was the sound track from Prairie Home Companion, The movie. George liked Meryl Streep's singing, and she did most of the singing, so figured it was a good choice. Also, they were giving the CD, Andrea Bocelli- Amore, which sounded. Maybe next time...

On a not so good note, yesterday, the Supreme Court ruled that evidence confiscated by police when they raid a house, enter a house to be more specific, with out the announce and wait rule, is admissible in court. Now in and of itself, this doesn't sound so terrible, but if you look at a graph of our rights as citizens in the United States, you would see it slowly on the decline. There is nothing we can do about it. It is extremely depressing. I listen to public radio every morning on my way to work, and every morning I get out of my car more and more disgusted. Things are really bad, and getting worse, and I wish I could say that they will turn around, but honestly, I don't think they are. They are getting worse. The affect on me personally, right now, today... nothing really. My fear is that one day, while I am going about my business, I will turn the virtual corner, and be hit with a big surprise. My dilemma....? What can I do about it. I have been involved in politics. I have been considered the "activist"... I have tried to make a positive change, but I truly believe what ever it is I am working against is much bigger than me, bigger than the Democratic Party, or the Nature Conservancy, World Wildlife Fund, Al Gore, John Kerry, all put together. It it wasn't, we wouldn't be in the situation that we are in. So my little quote at the top, from Martin Luther King, Jr.; well I think it would have worked once, but not anymore. I will still speak out when given the opportunity, but to actively go out and beat myself up, and more accurately, be beat up... I can't do that anymore....

No comments: