Wednesday, May 07, 2014

SURPRISE!  I'm baaacck!  I know I have said that before, and I will probably say it again, but this is my blog, and quite honestly I don't think anyone has missed me.

So what's new...?  We moved, we live about 40 miles north of Orlando.  We have a house now.  We have a new dog.  Otto.  He is a rescue, in the truest sence of the word.  His background is a huge question mark, up until 2 days before we brought him home.  He was a 5 month old malnourished male.  Let me tell you ot doesn't get much worse than that.  That being said...I love him.  He loves me too!  George, not so much.  Well let me clarify that...he doesn't dislike him conciously.  He was mistreated by some creep.  That creep happened to be a man.  That is how he has become attached to me.  So he has become my sloe responsibility.  That is a very large responsibility, one that is very big at times.  I have to admit, at times I wonder if I know what I am doing, but then I look at him, and how hard he tries, and I say... he is worth it.  This is what it must be like to have children.  Is that sick?  So be it!

I have a garden!  I grew peppers, tomatoes, large cucumbers, small pickling cucumbers, eggplant, zucchoini, parsley and I transplanted my chives.  The  status at this point...I have lots of tomatoes, about 7 peppers.  I got these huge plants for my zucchini, lots of blossoms...no zucchini.  The eggplant, well I have plants but they will never produce anything.  Only two huge cucumbers.  Lots of blossoms on the pickling cucumbers, but so far... no pickles.  My guess...too muchh in too small a place.  So I am doubling the size this summer toplant a wnter garden in September.

So if anyone has some dog or garden advice...all comments are welcome!

No comments: