Monday, May 12, 2014

Here it is...another beautiful morning.  I have to say, this morning as I sat on the porch, reading up on how everyone is doing...two blue jays land on the lawn. Cardinals, blue jays, downy woodpecker, carolina wrens;  all this, nothing exotic, but so nice compared to hot sun, cement, rushing cars.  I am not sure what is so difficult to understand... I tried to surround myself with trees, plants, gardens, but it wasn't the same.

Now I will admit, there were some ducks that found their way into our old neighborhood.  There were also some armadillos that would come in at night. However the homeowners associarion hired a "pest" company to trap them.  Happily the armadillos won.

George will be mowing the lawn today, tomorrow the backyard.  Wednesdsy we are having company for dinner.  I ordered more edging for my trees and gardens.  I am going to try and get a plum tree this week.  Maybe Wednesday or Thursday.  Today I will get my hydrangea.  Then I have to start researching roses.

I so love having a yard!

No comments: