Thursday, May 08, 2014

Today as I sit out on my back porch, I have decided to put in a rose garden.  I will put it in on the east side of the house, in the back of course.  I am not sure of the exact location yet.  From what I have read, for central Florida, you can plant all year long.  There is a rose soceity that meets at Mead Gardens twice a month.

So now I am going to study the yard to see how the sun works and make my decision where to plunge my shovel into the ground.  Of course I have to consult with George, since he does the mowing, however he usually tells me it is up to me.  I think I will start in the back yard, and if I am successful move to the front yard.

Other than all this, my blood pressure has been giving me trouble again.  I have started with a new doctor here in DeLand.  I think I am going to tell him that I want to go back on the non-generic BP medication I was on for many years.  It was called Benicar.  It was more expensive, but it worked.  Since I have been on the generic, I have had nothing but problems.  I appreciate the savings, however, I want to feel better than I do.

On another note...on observation of my yard today, I have found that my fig tree is getting figs.  I am hoping they are bigger than they were while the tree was in a pot.  The tree is gorgeous, it looks healthier than it ever has before.  I am in the mood for mt fig cake, but I also am looking forward to some larger figs to cook with.

No comments: