Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yesterday we went to a wedding...

It was very nice, and we saw a lot of family from out of town.  My Mom was there, and of course George.  This was of course George's cousin who was married.

This is the first time I have gone to a function while not seeing correctly.  Actually, now that I think back it isn't the first time, but it is the first time since I have not had the ability to see clearly, and after I have made mistakes, like tripping and falling on my face and giving myself bruises.   (Which I did this past week... complete with bloody nose, and bruising including black eyes, and I think my nose was a little bit swollen.)

Now I took this spill in my own house, and was not about to do it on the steps to the church, or in the reception hall.  So I was always asking George to take my hand, or wait for me... and I felt like a real invalid.  On top of that I had my Mom to worry about.  I must have been a real sight...

I didn't get up to dance, I just sat in my seat, at the table.  In fact all 3 of us did.  I occasionally got up to get soda for Mom and I, or a cup of coffee for Mom and I.  I didn't have any wine with dinner. 

It was a nice party though, and it was good seeing everyone dancing and having a good time.

However it brought everything home, that this is not exactly a fun thing.  I am not sitting back looking forward to a lifetime of leisure.  Well it may be leisurely spent, but not in the same respect as everyone would think. 

Not going to whine today I promise.  I am going to try and do something constructive, like vacuum the family room, maybe dust.  That will be about it.  I do better at home as far as the dizziness.  I think some of it might be stress, (and don't roll your eyes! I am not over using the word... I am simply trying to describe what one feels when they aren't in familiar surroundings, or have too much stimulation around them.  Add to that feeling like there are demands on me, no matter how small...at the same time.)

So that all being said, have a nice Sunday.  The weather here now is beautiful!  Maybe it will stay like that a few more days.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Sitting around, having a 'good' time while you see everyone else dancing and having a great time. It is hard. I feel you.

Sometimes, I want to toss caution aside and get uncontrollably drunk and dance the night away and think, if I die, I die.

It sounds sick, but maybe we should all get together for a night of debauchery, kick safety to the curb and have one ass kicking night of fun. Some of us may bleed, some of us might not. But isn't that what's in the cards anyway?

P.S. You're allowed to whine. Reading about rainbows and unicorns isn't nearly as interesting ;)