Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I have been obsessed...

.. since last night, when they brought that first miner up in Chile...

My husband doesn't understand how I can watch this so closely, I don't know how he can't... but either way.. the bigger question I have is why can't the mine disasters in our country have the same outcome.  No one had addressed that... Why don't the few rescued miners that we do have come out in good shape as these guys do...  Am I falling prey to propaganda?  I don't  think so.  I think my questions are not being answered on purpose...and I want to know with all the coverage on CNN, why  hasn't that been addressed, asked or answered?

Is it because the mine in Chile, is government owned, and the mines here are privately owned?  Could it be that the miners in Chile (one was Bolivian) were in better condition health wise...than the miners in this country? If so why... and shouldn't we be using this as a learning experience.  All the way around...?

These are questions I have, I don't know the answers.  I don't know the answers to any of the questions...  I don't care about anything the experts are saying...the psychologists, Dr. Gupta ...  I just care about that they are coming out, and are safe... The rest will be what it will be...   

Either way... Viva Chile...  Congratulations, I can only hope that this wonderful story will be the first of all the rest... and we never have another mine DISASTER anywhere, ever again.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I've been totally out of the loop since my bleed, which I'm usually very so much in it. Believe me when I say I was embarrassed to not have even known about these miners until recently.

You bring up a lot of good points. How were these miners able to stay alive that long? Do they care more about people at the bottom of the totem? Here, we care about white collar jobs, people with great insurance plans.

I hope more information unfolds.