Saturday, September 30, 2006

Visitor



I went out to my window boxes last weekend and found a visitor.. so of course named him.. GI Joe Frog. I named him that because he is (or was because he isn't in the planter anymore, he moved on to new digs) camouflaged colored. And it changed, because he spent 2 days with us here on Oxen Hill Loop before he moved on, and his coloring changed subtly.

Of course I ran upstairs and looked what kind of frog or toad he was, at this web site. I believe he is a frog and I think he is a bull frog. He was pretty big. Although not as big as the bull frogs (or I believe they were bull frogs, the poor things) we dissected in high school. Either way he is hiding here under one of my Pentas, which by the way are not doing that well.... He didn't dig down into the dirt like a toad would have. He did pull himself in under the leaves though.

I would check on him throughout the day if I were home, and first thing in the morning and when I got home from work. I found him on a Sunday night, and he was gone when I got home Tuesday night from work. You could see where he got up on the railing the planters are hanging on, and took that first step, which was a doozy. Didn't see him anywhere around, so who knows where he went, or if he will be back. I hope so. He seemed like a pretty nice fellow.

That is about it, have alot of stuff to catch up on here, and will be in the process of doing that over the next couple of days.

Last weekend was our little get together with 10 of our friends. Only 7 actually made it here, but we had 2 extras come, so it all worked out. Food seemed pretty good, and I will post some recipes that I promised tomorrow.

Today, we at taking Mathie and Wesley for a ride in the car. Wish we could take them out to run around some place. Oh well who know's what we will find...

Ate breakfast at IHOP this morning. I had two eggs over easy, double order of hash browns and a side (and it was some side!) of French toast with banana's, caramel sauce and topped with whipped cream.... I don't think I will have to eat for the rest of the day!!

No comments: