Friday, September 15, 2006

Ok, I am behind on my posts, about the things that I have been doing... Oh boy, we had company from Germany, we went camping... So here goes... the dinner...

I made Chilli, hot dogs, cole slaw, potato salad, cumcumber salad, Chocalate Roulade (chocalate cream roll), Bavarian Apple Cheese Cake, and Tropical Fruit Cream Pie (Mangos, Kiwi, Strawberries)

Well, we had a great time... the food turned out great, and I promise I will post the recipes for the deserts later. The Chilli was good, but could have been better, it was alittle dry. The salads were great... It was Julia Childs's American Potato Salad Recipe. My Aunt Betty's Cole Slaw Recipe. The Cumber's were my recipe I found somewhere along the way...

So, our guests were Evlin, Elin, Peter and Heinrich. Evlin and Peter, were the adults, and Elin and Heinrich were teenagers. They love the animals and the animals except Mathie, were all very happy with their company. Mathie is a worry wart, and she can't relax when there are people around that she doesn't know... Especially 4 at one time!!!

George loved the kids. They really were an absolute pleasure to be around. The polite. Joined in the conversation. It was an amazing contrast to the majority of the kids over here.

And they brought all these gifts with them, they brought 4 tee shirts from the German Soccer team from the World Cup, and Hat, then tons of chocalate, and Gummi Candy, glasses, and beer mugs...

And the most terrific thing out of the whole day was, George said that he would go to Germany maybe next year... Evlin and Peter asked him if he would come to Germany, and he said yes!!!

So, maybe next year, instead of a blog entry collection from Philly, there will be a blog entry from Germany!!!!

No comments: