Monday, September 04, 2006

Never got to Tuesday night or Wedneday




Sorry about the editorial the other day... Just in one of those moods.

But, in my "moment", I left out Tuesday night and Wednesday...

We went to a Phillies/Mets game... Phillies won. George says there there is nothing as pretty as a baseball field... and think he is right. It was awful pretty... The Mascot was pretty good too. I forget his name, but he came up in the stands by us...

We took the subway to the stadium, and it was pretty neat. The subway comes out about 2 blocks from the subway entrance. Let me tell you, I am not a BIG fan of subways, but it was OK to travel on one with George.... I am a girl from the burbs, and never have been, probably never will be a city girl.

Wednesday I went to Rittenhouse Square/Shopping District. (the picture on top is a residential street in the Rittenhouse District of Philadelphia) I started down that way to find Antique Row. I found it, but didn't really find anything I was dying to have, so moved on to the regular shopping district. Found Barnes and Noble, and a Kitchen store. I bought a book for Audrey and Al, and a vegetarian cook book, and 4 Rooster mugs. That has sort of become my theme in my house because of the "Oviedo Chickens". Then last week while shopping, and walking through JC Penney's, we found that they have a whole set of dishs. Actually it is a service for 4, dinner plate, dessert plate, mug, and soup bowl. So we got them.

Also almost got some pictures of the Mets coming out of their hotel in Philadelphia, on their way to the stadium for the game that night. The were staying at the Westin... Man, they sure don't slum it do they?

No comments: