Thursday, May 04, 2006

You are not going to believe this.... I went home and went on line to order the dress from Coldwater Creek, and it was sold out!!! That's Ok, I guess it wasn't meant to be....

We picked up our bicycles yesterday. Man was that great!! Felt good to get back on and ride again... can't wait to get my paniers, so that I can ride up to Publix and pick up groceries. We can ride up to Panera, K-Mart, Target, the mall. Visit friends... the possibilities are endless.

More news, the guy they had on trial in Virginia, was not sentenced to the death penalty.. Maybe there is hope. Don't get me wrong, the guy is a piece of garbage, but he is getting what he deserves, number one he is living out the rest of his life on US soil, which probably disgusts him, two, he is in solitary confinement, so he won't have the audience to press buttons to get the sick satisfaction he thrives on. In fact... nobody cares if he is dead or alive at this point. And lastly, but not least important, that jury is proving that they are bigger human beings, and the reaction to "kill the ba@#&rd" is not what we as humans being should be about. It isn't about instant gratification, it is about punishment and civility.

Enough about that... getting the "gear" organized to go camping. I am getting excited. Bringing the bicycles with us. Planning the meals, nothing like Eggs for breakfast in the morning, cooked on a camp stove, eatten outside, the smell of coffee. I wish we were staying more than two nights, and maybe if we have a really good time (which I think we will) George will want to go again in the fall for a long weekend.

Well, that is enough for now... pretty boring huh...? That is ok, because I am very happy, very content. Life is good, and I appreciate everyday, and hope for many, many more to come....

No comments: