Saturday, May 20, 2006


Ok, so this is our house.... Mine and George's and we share it with Mathie, Wesley, Elke, Putzen, Hans and Henry. Mathie and Welsey are our dogs, (Mathie was mine and Wesley was George's, so now they are ours...) Elke and Putzen are our cats, Hans is our 20 year old Cockateil, and Henry is our 10 year old rabbit. Pretty nice huh? I would like more trees, but all in good time. And if I saved my pennies, maybe some day I will be able to have that small cabin or cottage somewhere, with lots of trees, and alot less people.

The balcony or terrace boxes hanging on the railing is my idea. Looks great with the right plats. When this picture was taken, the plants in there looked GREAT. The ones I have now still have to "evolve". That isn't saying that they will.

As you may or may not be able to tell. This is a townhouse. A really nice one I might add. We have a two car garage, a little courtyard, a screen porch. Everything I could possilbly want except for the trees. But the ones that are there will get bigger given time, and care.

I used to live in a townhouse, the next town (in Florida they are "cities") over. I lived there for 17 years, and was able to plant trees. Had an Oak in the front yard the was gorgeous, and I planted 3 in the back yard. A Pine (of some sort) a Water Oak (usually regarded as garbage trees, but I like them all) and a grapefruit tree I grew from a seed, when I was 13 years old in NY. On my window sill in my bedroom. So before I left there, I took about 10 or 12 seeds from a grapefruit, and planted them, and they gave me about 9 little sprouts, and from that I got about 6 sapplings. I gave 3 of them away, and kept 3 and will try to make container trees out of them.

My courtyard in this house is a constantly evolving project. I guess that is good. I planted broccoli, tomatoes, basil, parsely, rosemary, mint. Tryed to get Eggplant and cucumbers to grow, but nothing came of them. Oh yea... Chives too. I will try them again.

Well that is it for now.. More pictures to come. Makes it more interesting with pictures....

No comments: