Friday, January 29, 2010

Todays... frustrations...

Ok... well, today... As I am sure everyone is aware, there is a social networking site called Facebook. George is on it regularly, I mean R-E-G-U-L-A-R-L-Y. He has 156 friends... probably almost half he doesn't really know. Just "friended" them, and they friended them back. A few I believe are aquaintances from his Stroke Survivor website.

Anyway... needless to say, I don't know what George is doing about finding a job. For what it is worth, I told him that I would rather he have a job when her retired at the ripe old age of 49. He assured me at the time, that he would... that is almost a year ago. From what I can tell he is sitting home, watching old base ball games, and posting to Facebook. His 'aquaintances', are apparently all fine with that... but why shouldn't they be... they aren't watching him grow bigger, and bigger, while I grow more tired every day. Today's aggravation came in the form of him making a few smart ass remarks, in reference to me or my dog, and his little friends joking and being sure to add they smiley punctuation [ :-) ] and their lol's, telling him to watch out because someone seems to be getting angry, and that I should be more gentle. Well #1, I don't appreciate be addressed by these individuals. And #2, maybe if I were home, hanging out.. I would find it amusing also. However, I am not. I am sitting in 45 minutes of traffic everyday, driving into the office, and home. Not to mention the crap I put up with for 8 or 9 hours once I get here. My weekends are filled with frustration, because I can't seem to get the chores done around the house to have one day to myself. I have to tell you, I cherish the hour or two that I spend on Saturday or Sunday ironing... all alone. Last week I wanted to go to the movies, but we didn't go... this week, I think I will, no matter what time of day it is... He can sit home and trade "quips" with his aquaintances on Facebook.

If I need to take a day off, just because I am exhausted, or need to take my mother to appointments, that eats into my vacation days. If I run out of vactation days, which by the way are my sick days, I have to take non paid days. That means there is nothing replacing my salary. His pension brings in about the same amount of money as my first job in Florida, and that was 25 years ago. And even then I worked a full time job during the day, and then 4-5 hours at night, and every other Saturday.

Maybe he doesn't have to tell me what he is doing. Maybe I have it all wrong. Perhaps someone, if anyone reads this, would like to weigh in on that.

Personally, I would think he has an obligation to tell me what the deal is... or at least how he is looking for work, if in fact he is, and he isn't finding any.... I haven't seen him look in the classifieds, or go to one of those employment websites.

Then I hear that he thinks it is all my Mother who is putting the extra burden on me. That, because of my Mom, I have two full time jobs. I guess he isn't in the room when I come home at night and go right to work, fixing dinner, cleaning up, making sure the dogs don't fight over thier food, then make sure my Mom gets the drops in her eyes, before she goes to sleep. Most of the time he is sitting on the couch, with his legs up... and usually the computer on his lap, open to Facebook...

I just get this feeling that I am being taken advantage of big time. I mean big time. Wife or girlfriend, it doesn't really matter. The fact is, I am working a full time job, taking care of a house, my Mom, and my Husband/Partner is sitting on the couch, on the computer, or watching TV, and really contributing very little to the daily responsibilities, and I am about over it. To be perfectly honest.

No comments: