Monday, January 25, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy...

...That is what my life is... Not enough hours in the day to get done what I need to get done. Between my house, and my Mom, and George, and the kids, and the court yard... and I wish I had a few hours every week to do some sewing

But this is not the case. For now I have to look forward to mornings when I don't have to pack my lunch, which means I am able to sit down and eat my breakfast... however small that may be, at home.

I wanted to make danish this past weekend. Mom picked bought us some Danish last weekend at Costco. It was called a Danish Pull Apart, and it had Apple, Cheese and Raspberry. Two of each. Mom and I ate the Raspberry, which meant George didn't get any. So I promised George that I would make him some Raspberry Danish this weekend. Well, didn't get to it. I did however pick up the raspberry jam. I can still do it... But.. I wanted to do it this weekend.

Instead on Saturday I worked on our taxes with George. 3 hours it took us to pull everything together, and have it ready for when we bring it to Wendy. Now mind you, there is still a mess of papers on the dining room table to clean up, go through, and either pack up to bring with us, or destroy them. Still have to do that last step...I have the most important work done though. I also worked with George on the Garage. There is now, waiting for garbage day, (which is tomorrow, thank goodness) about 7 garbage bags plus 4 or 5 boxes of stuff that will be picked up. And that is in addition to our one garbage can. We aren't done.. that was just the start. That took 3 hours. Then there is the huge box of ironing I have upstairs. It is the box our vacuum cleaner came it. I can tell you this... I have alot of table cloths, and napkins. As soon as I am done with the box (that seems endless btw) I will have to start using these. For the past month, I have been ironing at least 2 hours every Saturday. That is over 8 hours of ironing, and only now am I starting to feel like I am making progress with this box.

Then there is the weekly food shopping, which by the time I leave, and come back and put everything away...we are working on an hour and a half to two hours.

Saturday mornings include, fixing breakfast, getting Mom going to bring her for her hair appointment, well that starts at ususally 8:30 in the morning, and by the time we get home, it is between 11:30 and 12:00, then it is time to fix some lunch...

Needless to say, the time that I want to spend doing things that I enjoy... which by the way would still be considered work, to most people, like working in the courtyard, sewing etc., I don't have the time to do.

I am just plain tired... plum tuckered out....

Any suggestions...!

No comments: