Sunday, October 14, 2007

Eagle... Today we saw an Eagle

Hey, guess what today I was sweeping the screen porch, and heard a chirping from an Osprey, of whom I thought were gone until February... and looked out to the Cell Phone Tower (aka Osprey Nesting Platform) only to find an Ameican Bald Eagle perched on the very top! Now, I am not a big fan of the American Bald Eagle... but they are very regal and majestic... this was a male and was huge.... The Osprey that was protesting his decision to use the Cell Phone Tower as a place to perch, was alittle bit smaller.

I had George look through the binoculars (my current vehicle to watch my birds and or baseball players, until I get my telescope to watch my birds, hint hint Santa....) and he was able to see the Eagle also. Which made me doubly happy since he hasn't been able to focus with the binoculars. I tried to take a picture of him with George's 35mm with the zoom lens, but we think there is an issue with the battery or shutter... Then I tried to take a picture of him with our digital camera... but that did not have a powerful enough zoom... So, I guess I will have to be satisfied with the memory in my heart for now.... He is beautiful, although as far as birds go, they are cruel and ruthless, and scavengers, unlike the Osprey, which are far more classy and upper crust in my book... I am afraid I am with Benjamin Franklin on this one.... but the turkey... I don't know... maybe he didn't know about the Osprey...

On a sadder note, the Red Sox lost last night... Schilling didn't have his game on, and they were not very aggressive at getting the runs... or on base... Those two do not add up to a very successful game, unfortunately.... Lowell did good, and Ortiz and Ramirez, didn't pull their weight... but then again either did Schilling.... Oh well, 5 more games to go, and 3 more wins... before the Indians get three more wins....

Gotta go and fix oatmeal, yuck...!

No comments: