Friday, April 29, 2011

What a Day...Morning...Oy!

So... here are the curtains I made...Notice little Annie, looking in the window next to the bird cage.... 

Made me smile, because God knows, I need to smile today.

It started out like this... My sister called to say that the Johnston County Clerk of the Court would not release to her a copy of my Mom's will.  Now mind you... the will is public record, once it is with the Clerk of the Court, and it is supposed to be there so that it will be accessible.  What they don't tell you is that is only accessible to someone if the people at the clerks office know what they are doing.  In the case of Johnston County... they don't know what they are doing.

However then Will Crocker, the right and honorable Will Crocker, the actual Clerk of the Court, then called me back, and said that he had his very good staff (OH MY GOD!!!) in his office and that he was going to do what ever he could to get a copy... mind you that is all I wanted was a copy of the will, to me. 

Well, I called my Sister, and told her to call them, and there is something you have to know about my Sister.  She may have been born in NY, but she can turn on the "sweet southen' suga'"  when she has too.  Unlike her "Yankee Heathen Sista" (me!)   Apparently she was told that she "might could" send the death certificate by e-mail to their office.  That is because they tried to fax it, and it didn't work.  Twice... she tried to fax it and it didn't come across.  (DEEP SIGH!!!)

Now I wouldn't be so worked up about this, except, I called their office 3 times.  I e-mail once, and I was told that I could have my sister pick up a COPY if she brought a copy of the death certificate.  As far as I am concerned.... I am a novice at this... they on the other hand are the professionals.  They are supposed to know what they can and can't do...I have only done this once...thank god I don't have to do it again...

My appointment with the Attorney here is next Wednesday at 2:00.  Hopefully I will have what I need.

The next thing was this.. my husband, George, is helping out our pet sitter Wayne Tracy, because his Mom passed away.  He is watching a cat who is approximately 25 years old.  Wayne called this morning because the cat, from all appearances, had not urinated in about 24 hours.  A sign that the kidneys are shutting down.  The owners are on a cruise, and I think are due back tomorrow.  Why some one would leave to go anywhere when they have a 25 year old cat is beyond me.  But... that is just me.  I saw this cat...very scary... god bless him... really.  Any way... the decision was made to bring the cat to the vet.  Maitland Veterinary Clinic.  So since Wayne was on a plane to Rhode Island... George picked up the cat (Boomer) and took him to the clinic.  The receptionist told my husband that they would not see the cat, unless he was going to guarantee payment for the visit.  So George called me to see if I had a problem with that.  Of course I didn't, but then I thought, surely if I don't have a problem, and we are broke, the vet wouldn't have a problem billing the owners of the cat.  I asked many ways, I explained to the receptionist that we are on a limited income, and my main concern was the cat... so he said, as is ours... but they were not set up to collect from anyone but the person who brought in the cat.  I didn't say it, but it sounded to me like their first concern was the money owed for the visit, and not the cat at all... since they would be very satisfied to let the cat die, and not be seen if we didn't have a credit card or cash...

Well as it ended up, the cat is fine, well, as far as his kidneys are concerned.  He is still approximately 25 years old.  That can't be fixed. Oh, and the visit, was only $35.00.  Of which, I am guessing will come from the owners who happen to be on a Princess Cruise.  Just sayin...

However, we still don't have Mom's will.  And the hospital bill is still looming out there.  Mom's mortgage is still due every month, and as low as it is... I don't have the money to pay it.

That is still pending... I am sure I will be filling you all in on the saga of the Will and Johnston County.

No comments: