Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Hi Everyone... it was a very nice Christmas this year.  We didn't go haywire with the gifts, but each of us got something we needed/wanted.  I for one got a pair of slippers, that I love and I have lived in them since Christmas morning.

Today I go for an MRI.  I think it is to see if anything has changed since my MRI in June.  Now there are  two trains of thought on this.

  1. We want to see if this thing (angioma) got any bigger.
  2. We want to see if the original MRI in June was misread.
I am sure that a decision about surgery fits in here somewhere, but I am not going to have surgery.  Not yet anyway.  I have too much to worry about, and too much to take care of.  Since this is considered "elective" surgery, that means "I" am the one electing to do it.  For anyone who is interested "I" elect not to do it yet.

I was reading another blog Thankful for Every Day  and Elizabeth had surgery.  During her surgery she had a stroke, which they found out the next day.  She has had intense rehab following her surgery in Az. and a few days before Christmas, she was released to drive home to Ca.

I am very happy for her.  She has a new baby, Jack, and her husband.  Her Mom was able to cook for her, and they were able to hire someone to take care of Jack and stuff around the house.  She is happy that her Angioma is gone, and her problems as far as the angioma are gone as well.  Her Angioma was deep in her brain.  Dr. Spetzler was her her surgeon, and she is making a miraculous recovery, all considered what she has gone through.  Amazingly enough, that wasn't enough for some Dr.'s.  I guess that will never change, and is something we will be saddled with the rest of our live.

I unfortunately am older than Elizabeth, my mother is not able to help me out.  As far as our angioma's, well, an angioma is an angioma. Also, my husband is 3.5 years post a major stroke, and it wouldn't be fair to lay a lot of responsibility on him.  I think it took a year a half for her to decide on her surgery.  I only heard from Dr. Spetzler four month ago.  I think I have time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading to about E and I´m realy happy for her and so gald it all went well...

My bleeding, well now they dont even know what it is...I desided that I will wait, no more MR for a while, no more contacts with the doctors I´m allergic to them..they make me more sick than the bleeding right now

I`m thinging of you and what you are going through it´s no easy decision to take to wait ...but I understand it...I suppose I have taken that one to when walking in your shoes...

well the only thing I´m sure of is the fact that they will ever never help me in any way...but then it´s somehow a little bit easier, it´s up to me as it always has been, all my life, and I will not give up in any way, I will find ways to struggle..so will you

all the best to you, your husband, mother the doggies and cats and bird ( you have a big family <3)

and a happy happy new year to you all from Sweden

Crystal said...

The decision to have surgery is an extremely personal one...For some, it's an easy decision. But for many people with brainstem angiomas (or equally difficult places to reach), the decision to have it can cause life altering disability. It can also liberate you from the fear of it happening. It can do a lot of things, good and bad.

I think that you don't want the surgery, but feel that you should want it. Am I right? Like I've said many times, the moment I realized what was going on I declared that no one was going into my head. My snap judgment is good as well as my intuition. Listen to your gut, Heidi.

Merry Christmas :)

Kelley said...

Hoping you had a wonderful holiday...best wishes for 2011!