Thursday, July 27, 2006


Ok boys and girls, the pictures are coming now.... I had a friend visit from Germany, and he took a bunch of pictures, and is sending them to me, 5 or 6 a day.... As I get them, you will see them...

This is Wesley (you have met him), George ( the person) and Henry. As you have read the a few posts before, Henry passed away last week. He was 10 1/2, and was a great rabbit. This was about 5 days before he passed away. He couldn't move around anymore, except for his head, but he had a great appetite. So, we did for him what made him happy, and that was give him veggies. So that is what George is doing. I think he is feeding him celery there. We had him in a comfy dog bed, and he was partially covered with a sheet. He loved it. His twin sister passed on 1.5 years ago, so he liked being around us and the other animals. I believe he was happy the last few months of his life. His situation was comprimised, but....he made the best of it.

I believe that is what the animals have over us human beings. For the most part, they are pretty content with their surroundings. You give them the basic necessities and they are usually grateful. I try to be more like them in this respect.

Now mind you this isn't a new revelation with me. I have been doing this for a while now. See if you get disatisfied enough, and really want to change things, and do everything in your power to become satisfied, but it just isn't enough, then you only have two choices. Get depressed, or re-examine just what it is that you want. If you are honest with yourself, you will probably learn that you are really doing ok... and honestly, that is pretty good.

Now don't mistake this with complacency. It isn't that at all. Realism, honesty are more the case. I can honestly say I learned that from all the sweet wonderful critters I had in my life. And from my Dad. My Dad taught me to to always try to do better. I am not using the word strive, because I think that is too much. Just always try to do better. Sometimes doing better is realizing when to stop. When the difference between doing better and striving is the difference between being satisfied and being greedy.

Daddy was a pretty terrific guy. I miss him, alot.

No comments: