Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Haven't posted in a while, but things are about the same. It is really weird the stages you go through with grief. I guess it is basically different with everyone and the circumstances. Would be something interesting to look into.

Mom called me late Sunday, for my Birthday. Around 9:30 / 9:45 at night. I was writing out bills and just getting over the sticker shock or my American Express bill from the last two months of going to North Carolina. Man I can't keep this up. I am going to have to let her know that, so we don't pull another stunt like we did with the surgery. Her other daughter got a pass on that one. Next time I will not be as gullible.

Got my "organization kit" for the Alzheimers walk in October. I have to admit, if it weren't for my cousin, and a few of my friends, I would be at ground zero. I have to get serious about this and innovative.

We (George and I) want to spend a weekend in NY. Thinking of Labor Day weekend. I have to get myself caught up at work, and then I can look at what time I have or don't have, and what airfares are. I really don't want to spend any extra money from now till the end of the year. If I could save a couple of thousand dollars, and use it as a down payment on a new car, that would be perfect. I think one more new car in my life would be pretty fair. If I make it a good one, maybe the only car I have to buy.

Went to see Pirates of the Caribbean last weekend. It was tough to follow, but it was good. Don't think there are anyother movies out there to see so far. Maybe the fall will bring in some good ones.

Well, I have lost 11 pounds so far. 9 more to go. Fitting in smaller clothes, but still not perfect. I really have to discipline myself to exercise. Went to the Chinese Restaurant for dinner last week, then the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. Sunday morning I made a nice breakfast spread. Potato Pancakes (they were great), bacon and kiebalsi for Hans and Richie, made batter for waffles, but nobody had any. Made my puff pancake, but it didn't turn out right, but it tasted ok. Made Egg beaters for Richie, and 2 soft boiled eggs, that ended up not being soft boiled anyway, bread butter, champagne and orange juice, and alcohol free sangria. The dining room table was packed. Janet said she would try to come over, but she didn't make it, and I asked Richie and Carol to bring Carmella, but they didn't. All in all it was very good. I can't wait to make the potato pancakes again. They were out of this world. I will double the recipe next time.

I didn't count calories on Saturday (since that is my free day) or Sunday (since that was my birthday). Back to the grind stone yesterday. I have a feeling that this coming weigh in is not going to be that good.

Back to work.... let's see if we can't be all caught up by tomorrow at 5:00. That is my goal...!

No comments: