Sunday, January 30, 2011

One step closer...

Well, as I said last week.. I am one step closer to getting on with my life.  I have some goals... like losing some weight, and getting in a regular routine. 

Mathie is still with me, but I can see the decline.  It is amazing... she is like a baby.  She gets tired and cranky, so I bring her upstairs, and lay her down on the guest bed with her for a few minutes and she falls off to sleep for about 3 or 4 hours.  Pretty amazing really.
Here is the whole door!

There it is... who would have thought?

Friday we were going to take Mathie and Schatzie for a walk, and found that the garage door wouldn't open.  Called a repairman, come to fine out the spring (man this was some spring... ) was broken, in fact both springs, so they were replaced.  To the tune of almost $500.00.  UNBELIEVABLE!!!  The good thing is that it has a 5 year guarantee, which is as long as we are in this house.  They were here at 7:40 Saturday AM, and the door was going up by 8:00 AM.

Then a friend took Mom and I to the beauty parlor, for Mom.  Once we got home, George took us to Petsmart to get Schatzies diabetic food, and then home.  After that I was baking and fixing dinner.  I made Cheddar Bay Biscuits... (yes the kind you get at Red Lobster) and Black and White Brownies. Then I made dinner.  Tilapia, yellow rice, and green beans. 

Gave Schatzie her insulin shot, and we were on our way to friends house for game night...Cranium.  All in all in was fun, but we were out till after midnight...and I just can't pull those all nighters anymore.

It also put the quash on any thoughts of a super bowl party at our house.

So... on with the next phase in my life.  I will keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Can I move in with you? Nice weather, delicious home cooked food and sweet animals all around.

Belated congrats on your approval for disability, but sorry about all the hoops you had to jump through! :)