Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Well another rough patch...

Mom is almost gone a whole year.  The probate process is nearing it's end, and once again I am faced with a decision to make... Well I have made my decision, but now I am faced with enforcing it.  It never ends.  Never.  I have had "confrontations" with my sister for a while.  Well, actually since 1998.  Now mind you, that was before my Mom and Dad passed, in fact before my Dad's last stroke.

Now with both of my parents gone, and estates to settle, the disputes start all over again.  I am now accused of breaking up the family, "driving a wedge" was how it was put exactly.  I am not sure what I am supposed to do, except to do what I have to do.  There are so many disconnects here.  So much doesn't add up.

I admit that my main concern is in ensuring that if I or my husband become sick, we (hopefully we, my husband and I) will not become destitute or homeless.  I don't have children, and if something does happen, it is only me or him that we can count on.

I have tried to explain this to my sister, only for it to reach deaf ears.  Instead I get accused of driving a wedge, breaking up the family.  I have used my head to try to make what ever meager means we have as a family work to our advantage.  At the same time making sure that my future, and now my husbands and my future we as secure as can be expected.  However, I was told last night that the security I am talking about is not a priority to my sister, and she will for go her security to save the family homestead.

Excuse me if I say, I envision scenes from Bonanza, with Little Joe, and Hoss, and Adam behind a fence with guns pointed, defending the Ponderosa from the bad guys.  Only now I see only my sister.

And let me add, I am not against my sister buying the home, and making it her home.  In fact I prefer that.  After all she has lived there for the past year and 8 months.  What I can not do is just say, take it, live there, I will sacrifice what ever security this may offer me from emergencies for the sake of  our family.  Up until today, to the best of my knowledge, she has not made any attempt to acquire any type of mortgage or funding for the home.

Well, more on this when it happens.  Right now I am a wedge.  I am breaking up the family. 

What am I supposed to think or do?

No comments: