Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A new beginning...

Here I am 53 years old, retired because of a medical disability.  I am not complaining.  Not at all.  I am not rich in the monetary sense, but I think I am rich in other ways.  I have a good husband, who loves me and I love him, and we have the same values.  We have a nice home, we have good friends, and we have good family.  Those are things you can't buy with money, except for maybe the house.  However, you can't buy a home. 

We are planning our next yearly trip to the Northeast.  Why the Northeast you might ask, to visit family.  Mom would come with us in the past, in fact she made 3 trips up north with us, out of 4.  We will miss her this year.

We were going to stop in Baltimore to see the Red Sox play the Orioles, but we planned this trip late, and there weren't that many good seats left.  So we decided not to go.  We were also thinking of going to Colonial Williamsburg.  Will not work this year.  We can always plan that maybe next year by itself. 

This year we are going to the Steuben Day Parade in NYC.  When I was younger we would do this every year with my Dad.  It was one of our trips to "Meca" so to speak.  I think Mom was looking forward to going also. 

Our friend Hans Jurgen gave us a bunch of stuff for my car.  Flags and what not, that will adorn the Volkswagen on our trip into NYC on the 17th.  I will be sure to post lots of pictures.  I am really looking forward to going.  I am hoping that a lot of relatives will be going with us.  We could possibly go to the Plattdeutche Park Restaurant on Sunday, but it is usually soooooo packed with people, it may not be worth it.  I know last year it was.

So those are the big plans I have coming up.

Kind of sad all the changes that have happened recently.  Mom passed, Mathie passed, Wesley passed.  Lot's of big changes.  But I guess that is part of life.  It just kind of happened all at once for us. 

Well, I am planning on ending this year with a bang.  A good bang.  It started pretty sad, and just kept going from there.  Now we have a chance to turn it around.  The economy is pretty bad, and the people in Washington are pretty worthless, more than usual.  But the things that they can't effect, like losing family, and long time companions (Mathie and Wesley) showed me that they really don't really count unless you let them.  I don't plan on letting them hurt us this year.  We have had our share.  We really have.  I plan on proving how insignificant they are... to the best of my ability.

1 comment:

Aly V said...

Heidi
This is totally off topic. I follow your blog because I had an angioma. I also used to follow Girl with Pearl sized cavernous angioma but she made it invitation only. Do you know how to reach her? I would like to be able to access it. Any chance you can pass on my email address: alyvega84 at gmail dot com? thanks, alyson of aly's angioma

p.s. i just retired on disability too.