Thursday, December 24, 2009

I have returned....

It has been almost two years since I have been here, but I am here once again... with lots of updates.

Today is Christmas Eve... 2009. The news of note is hmmm, let's see... In April of this year, Mom (my Mom) came down to live with George and I. We moved out of the master bedroom, and into one of the bedrooms upstairs, and I arranged the master bedroom to be a little suite for Mom... So she has with her all her special stuff, and of course Schatzie. Which means, we now have 3 dogs... Mathie, 15 years old, Wesley, 12 years old, and Schatzie 9 years old.

The move went as smooth as you would expect it to go... We flew up to NC, rented a Penske 12 foot truck, and loaded it with Mom's "stuff" for 3 days and we headed south, followed by my sister and Mom and Schatzie, in my sister's car.

Once we got home, we proceeded to empty the truck into the garage, and slowly sift through everything, and find a new home for it in my Mom's suite.

About a month and a half later, George retired from the Postal Service. Now he has a pension, but of course, it isn't as much as he made when he worked. He is now trying to find work writing, or managing campaigns (political). Not sure where that will lead him... but until it starts to become a reality, the belt is going to be alittle bit tighter than usual.

I cut my hair in June. And yes I think that is noteworthy...! I am not sure how long this will last, but I know it will be this way for at least a year.

All the kids (pets) are getting bigger and older. Mathie is the oldest, and I do what ever I can to make her feel as special, and in control that I can, without letting her hurt herself.

Lars is now a big handsome, character, who loves his Mom (me!) very obviously.

Tonight Christmas Eve, we go to Janet and Jimmy's house. We aren't exchanging any gifts this year... mainly because money is pretty tight this year for us. And actually, I don't think I will miss it... I have to tell you I miss the shopping, Mom and I talked about that last week. But what goes with the shopping, the fretting, the brain picking, the financial figuring... what should I spend... will that be enough, is that too much... not to mention will they like it... is it clever enough, yada, yada, yada.

Tomorrow we go to Tony and John's house. I am bringing a side dish, glazed carrots and turnips, and I am looking forward to seeing Massey again... Massey is their Pit Bull rescue, who is the sweetest dog I have ever met. He was rescue by Pet Rescue by Judy, which is a local rescue organization in Central Florida.

Saturday we go to Audrey and Al's place for a Christmas Party. Hmmm, did I ever tell you who Audrey is? Audrey and I were best friends in NY, and I actually came down here after she moved down here. I helped her get her job with the phone company (I was looking for a job, and brought her an application, when I applied for a job there), and she got the job. I didn't... so I guess you could say I helped her get the job. Then, she helped me when I applied a second time 9 years later. Audrey was married to Artie, I always thought he looked like Ernest Borgnine... well Artie passed away a few years ago, and about 12 to 18 months later, Audrey married Al.

So that is all I have to say for now. I promise to be back more, and post more pictures.

No comments: