Wednesday, June 18, 2014

It has been a little over two weeks since I posted last.  I have since pulled out my cucumber plants.  I found one cucumber on there, that might have turned into a viable cucumber, but it was too late.  Besides, the others that I waited on rotted before they were big enough to pick.

I still have about 10 bell peppers left.  That's not including the blossoms.  I also haxe the eggplant plant, which I am sure will probably not go anywhere, but you never know.

As I said in the last post, the zucchini and the pickeling cucumbers are up, but they are slow going.  I think that is because it has been very hot here.  As I have said before, this is all a learning experience..

I have been auctioning stuff off on E-bay.  Have made about $45.00. That is $45.00 more than I had a month ago.  Now I have taken on a battle with the USPS.  W e sent a package Priority- 2 day guarenteed delivery.  As of 6-7-14, it still "out for delivery". So now I am about to wage war.  And, here we go.

My sister was down for a week.  She was on business so we only got to see her  for 2 or 3 days.  Otto loves her.  It is pretty amazing.  I think he needs more diversity in his day.  Unfortunately I can't do that yet.

I made him a new daytime bed.  I think he likes it.

I also got a milkweed plant.  From what I have read, they re-seed themselves.  We shall see.  Butterflies love them, hopefully it works.  A friend told me that the big hardware stores treat their plant with a insectcide that hurts bees and butterflies. Hopefully, that will change soon.  They are much cheaper, and very convenient.

Well, I better go.  I have a bunch of things to do!

No comments: